BEFORE YOU SIGN UP READ BELOW!
FLORIDA REAL ESTATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- STEP 1:
Take and pass the required 63-hour Pre License Sales Associate Course
- Successfully completing this course also entails receiving a passing grade of a 70%
- Students can only miss 8 hours of this course for any reason as per state requirements (Missed classes must be made up within 30 days of the scheduled course completion)
Ken Jones Real Estate School is an approved provider of Real Estate Pre-License Courses, and is Licensed and Accredited by the State of Florida.
- STEP 2:
Submit a state application along with electronic fingerprints (We recommend that students do this once they register for class).
- You can obtain a State application by visiting
- We offer electronic fingerprinting 1 day during your class or you can click the link to find a store near you click here
In order to apply you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Be able to answer questions regarding any criminal background if such exists
- STEP 3:
Upon approval of the application, Pearson Vue will send an approval letter to the applicant.
- Applicant must then score a 75% on the state examination to become licensed.
- Remember, you have an unlimited review of the course within your tuition period. In the event that you are not successful, you can continue to review the course for free.
Out of State Licensees: Florida has “mutual recognition” agreements with other states. If you are licensed in AL, AR, CT, GA, IL, MS, NE, and RI you may be eligible to receive a license through mutual recognition. Please visit the Division of Real Estate website, or call Ken Jones Real Estate School for more detailed information.
What students say about Ken Jones Real Estate School
Over 1,000+ Graduated Students
You are eligible for a Florida Real Estate Licenses if
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- You have a Social Security Number
- You receive approval of the State Application
- You complete and pass the approved 63 Hour Pre-License course
- You pass the state examination
Please note: You do not need to be a Florida resident or be a U.S. citizen
Fingerprinting can be done before, during or after taking the 63 Hour pre-license course. Though it is HIGHLY recommended to do it 2-3 weeks prior to taking the class so once you pass the course exam you can schedule your state exam without any delays. Call 877-238-8232 to set an appointment at a facility near you. Cost is under $100. Also, you will need the ORI number when getting your fingerprints. That number is FL920010Z. The ORI number identifies the correct profession and the agency that is responsible for processing your request. Schedule your fingerprints here: https://pearson.ibtfingerprint.com/index.php
You can fill out your state of Florida application BEFORE you pass the 63-hr class. It’s advised to do so to save yourself time if you want to take the state exam right after you pass the course. However, you must have your fingerprints taken first. Then wait 5 days, then fill out the state exam here. The licensing fee is under $100. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/intentions2.asp?chBoard=true&SID=&boardid=25&professionid=25A
Click or Tap Link Below
To check your application status with the State of Florida, Click Here
Before you can take your state exam, the state must approve your application for licensure (above). Then you will register online at Pearson Vue. You can not register until you have a candidate number. After you’ve submitted you fingerprints and applied for your license, the state will email you a candidate number. You must bring your completion slip (supplied by Ken Jones Real Estate School upon passing your course exam) with you to be permitted to test. To schedule your exam, contact Pearson VUE, the state testing vendor. https://home.pearsonvue.com They have locations though out the state. You can make an appointment online Schedule Exam Appointment Online Or by calling 888-204-6289. The exam fee paid to Pearson VUE is $36.75 The state exam is a 100 question, multiple choice test with a passing score of 75%. If you fail the exam, you may retake it as many times as necessary, at a cost of $36.75 each time, as soon as you can make a new appointment. Once you turn in your test, they will give you a pass or fail immediately. Pearson VUE will contact you via email when the state has approved your application.
This is a 63 Hour pre-license course. this includes, Certificate of Completion, and Completion Slip for the state testing center.
The cost of the class, “Live”, is $345, includes textbook.
The “On Line” Class is $245, NO textbook included.
The final exam can be taken two times. You need to have 70 correct answers out of 100 questions. Failing the first exam, try again with a second exam, and a different set of questions. Should you fail the second exam, then its required that the course be retaken. Contact us for exam scheduling of second exam.
Classes can be attended for up six months, free of charge, after having paid, and attended the course.
Yes. We offer a “Q-Bank” through our On-Line portal. (Question Bank). This Q-Bank is $75 and is a question bank, to be used for gaining confidence and comfort with the testing.
Same day grading and state submission for all students at no additional fee